Optical Design for LED Solid-State Lighting
Professor Ching-Cherng Sun, Professor Tsung-Xian Lee
Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are considered the most important light source of the 21st century owing to advantages of energy saving, long life, fast response, high colour performance, and environmental benefit. We believe that accurately understanding the light performances of LEDs and using them skilfully is an important capability for optical designers.
This book provides an overview of the light performance of LED SSL and can further effectively apply optical design to SSL at different levels. Optical Design for SSL is classified into four levels including LED die, package, component, and system. All approaches are aimed at teaching readers to precisely determine the spatial and chromatic light performance of an LED and increasing the optical utilization factor of an LED luminaire to achieve optical energy efficiency.
Recommended for optical designers, illumination designers, LED optical engineers, students - upper level undergraduate and graduates.
· Presents an essential guidebook for optical design in LED Lighting
· Includes thorough explanations of LED light performance and limitations
· Proposes four-level optical design in LED lighting
· Includes chapter summaries
· Provides a reader-friendly approach to ensure precision