Make a Plan, Improve Your Credit, Avoid Scams
Amy Loftsgordon, Cara O'Neill
Bad credit can get better
A bad credit report can prevent you from getting a mortgage, car loan, credit card, apartment, or even a job. The sensible strategies in Credit Repair help you take control of your finances, clean up your credit report and rebuild your credit. Learn how to:
- prioritize debts and create a budget
- reduce debts and cut expenses
- negotiate with creditors
- correct credit report errors and remove old information
- add positive information to your credit report
- adopt strategies to rebuild your credit, and
- avoid identity theft and credit repair scams.
Updates to the 14th edition of Credit Repair include the new FICO scoring system and federal CARES Act credit reporting guidelines, changes to credit freeze and fraud alert laws, the availability of additional free credit reports during the pandemic, and more.
With downloadable forms: Get forms, worksheets, and sample letters—to help you handle debts, clean up your credit, and avoid overspending (details inside).